Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one we are buying has 18" Rial 5 spoke wheels, a couple with rub rash. I plan to replace them and sell the Rials. The data card shows it has the sports package and came with AMG 18" wheels. I'd prefer to go back to original Benz wheels, either the 18" AMGs it came with [Data card says code 796, 18" AMG multispoke] or downsize to 17" if it will give the car a smoother ride. I believe our previous 2005 SLK had 17" wheels. Anyone have a picture of the original 796 AMG multispokes, and whether there is a 17" comparable? I like the true multispoke wheels [like poster Len's sweet ride] on the R171.

Please, someone who has the 796 AMG sport package wheels, post pix!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Researching further, I'm leaning toward replacing these with the 17" multispoke wheel that came on our previous 2005 SLK 350 - Hollander 65361, 65362 are the model numbers. A multispoke with a similar appearance to the 18" AMGs shown above. Any thoughts from anyone on what effect the downsize will have, given my sport suspension? I expect a softer ride, with the only sacrifice being at the outer margins of performance that we will never test anyway.

·
Banned
330 Posts
I have 2010 AMG Sport Pkg with 18" wheels. The wheels don't affect the ride much. What does are those sport springs on your struts. Take a look, 2X Blue 1X Yellow markings or part number 171 321 10 04. If you want to improve the ride change to 171 321 09 04, the standard springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts