Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week I am picking up my 2008 SLK55. It has Pirelli P Zero tires. I am assuming that these tires are factory original tires since the car has only 11,000 miles on it. I didn't know that SLK55s came with run flat tires??????? Does anyone else have factory original run flat tires on their SLK55? Just maybe the original owner had them put on.
Update - I just read that the Pirelli P Zero comes in non run flat version too. Maybe that is what my car will have.

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,286 Posts
Don't always bet 11000 means original tires :D
I've replaced my 55 tires at less than that!

Check the brochures for the run flat options:

Mercedes Brochure Archive

I decided against them when I ordered my 09.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Check the date code on the sidewalls. If they are older than 5 years, no matter what the tread depth, I would personally swap them out. Also do some home work on run-flats, if you are thinking about going that way. They will indeed allow you to limp along after a puncher, but at a cost. A buddy had a set on a C6 Corvette, had a flat, he called his dealer who told him to just stay put they would send out a flat bed truck to pick up the car. If he was to drive the car back to the shop they would have to put a brand new run-flat on the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the date code on the sidewalls. If they are older than 5 years, no matter what the tread depth, I would personally swap them out. Also do some home work on run-flats, if you are thinking about going that way. They will indeed allow you to limp along after a puncher, but at a cost. A buddy had a set on a C6 Corvette, had a flat, he called his dealer who told him to just stay put they would send out a flat bed truck to pick up the car. If he was to drive the car back to the shop they would have to put a brand new run-flat on the car.
Very good advice regarding the date code. Not a fan of run flats.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.