Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me confirmation that the factory OEM tail lights on an '07 SLK55 AMG had the indicator section of the tail lights smoked out? Does anyone have a part number I can provide my dealership? They are claiming they have some tail lights in stock and that they come with the indicator section clear. My wife's car has one smoked and one clear for the time being. :td:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Can anyone give me confirmation that the factory OEM tail lights on an '07 SLK55 AMG had the indicator section of the tail lights smoked out? Does anyone have a part number I can provide my dealership? They are claiming they have some tail lights in stock and that they come with the indicator section clear. My wife's car has one smoked and one clear for the time being. :td:

Just grap a VIN# from Ebay and ask them to look it up. I believe that all Slk55 tail light are tinted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just grap a VIN# from Ebay and ask them to look it up. I believe that all Slk55 tail light are tinted.
We called two seperate dealerhsips with my wife's VIN number. One said they werent any tail lights for the SLK55 in stock anywhere right now. Another said they were clear, but this is the same dealership where she had the tail light replaced to begin with.

Every where I've checked online for OEM parts doesn't have pictures but they do make a distinction between the AMG and the non-AMG models.

so frustrated...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
We called two seperate dealerhsips with my wife's VIN number.

so frustrated...

I meant to say get the VIN# on Ebay from Slk55. Is your wife's car an Slk55? I don't see what the frustration is if you used an Slk55 VIN# to order the part. Is there's a different between a non-AMG and AMG (Slk55) tail light........yes. Just do a search on Ebay for Slk350 and Slk55 and your question will be answer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I meant to say get the VIN# on Ebay from Slk55. Is your wife's car an Slk55? I don't see what the frustration is if you used an Slk55 VIN# to order the part. Is there's a different between a non-AMG and AMG (Slk55) tail light........yes. Just do a search on Ebay for Slk350 and Slk55 and your question will be answer.

As per the OP her car is an 07 SLK55. I didn't order the part. The dealership's body shop ordered the part. They ordered 171-820-04-64. The part they should have ordered, per parts departments at two other dealerships affiliated with the body shop, is 171-820-08-64.

The body shop has admitted their error and are now working to replace it. The part is not in stock so they have to order it and take the car back in when it gets in.

BTW an Ebay search was inconclusive. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.