Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I've been having a slight non starting issue with my wife's 2007 SLK280 & had it scanned for codes & the following codes were found......
0810-----malfunction of secondary air injection (right bank)
0814-----malfunction of secondary air injection (left bank)
1781----- transmission control

I think the transmission code is just a spurious one as the car drives & shifts fine when it's running BUT I was wondering if the 2 air injection codes may have a bearing on my non start problem although I can't see how ???
I'd love to get any advice / ideas from anyone who may know if they do actually have a link to this non start problem ??
Once the codes were cleared the car started straight away !!!!

Thanks in advance

Mark

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
2,746 Posts
I can't see a link to your starting problems either.
I had a faulty relay that put the Secondairy Airpump out of order. Threw up a code P0410 Seconary Air Injection System malfunction. But the car started and ran fine. The air injection system is only there to warm up the cat as to comply with emission regulations. The car runs fine without it. Beats me if that was the cause of your problems. I guess the code(s) stayed away once you cleared them?
Sure you got P0810 and P0814? I find them as Clutch Postion Control Error (P0810) and Transmission Range Display Circuit (P0814). But that's from a universal OBD reader. Did you have them read by Star?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying guys !!...... Those were DEFINATELY the codes that were stored but it wasn't scanned with a STAR machine !....... I'll check out the link & see what that guy did ,I'll let you know how I get on !

Thanks again for replying

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
2,502 Posts
Thanks for replying guys !!...... Those were DEFINATELY the codes that were stored but it wasn't scanned with a STAR machine !....... I'll check out the link & see what that guy did ,I'll let you know how I get on !

Thanks again for replying

Cheers

Mark
Non-Star scanners can only read some of the codes that the many control modules of the car can set. I suspect the codes you received were not actual ODB fault codes that start with a the letter P. Rather they are MB codes for areas that are not functioning correctly. You will get a lot more info if you can have all codes read by Star.

Does the starter engage and crank the engine over but it does not fire or does it do nothing when you turn the key in the ignition switch?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
The starter does engage & turn the engine it just doesn't fire up , sometimes you can get it to start after a few attempts other times it just refuses to go !!
There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it , wondering if the crank sensor is at fault ??

Mark

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
2,502 Posts
Hi
The starter does engage & turn the engine it just doesn't fire up , sometimes you can get it to start after a few attempts other times it just refuses to go !!
There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it , wondering if the crank sensor is at fault ??

Mark
Could be crank sensor or a number of other things. Really need a session with Star and a tech who know how to use it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Latest update to engine starting problem !!!!!!
The car is now fixed after having the engine ECU replaced , the car was at my local MB dealership for 4 WEEKS due to the warranty company ( NOT a Mercedes warranty) messing around with assessors etc despite the dealer telling them from the start that the ECU was the issue !!!!!
Anyway the car now starts & drives perfectly & the wife is pleased again LOL , but this is something to be aware of for any other SLK 280 owners Who may experience a poor starting issue !!!!

Cheers

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.