Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 slk 280 jittery noise coming from the glove box..... I thought it was the cd changer but it was not....it seams it coming from the left hinge of the glove box...did anyone else have this problem....also does this glove box lock?????????i also just found out my a/c compressor is not coming on????? Any help would be greatly appreciated...before i bring it in to mb....thanks vinny

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
Vinny115, the glove box will lock when you lock the vehicle with the SmartKey (either w/roof up or retracted).

I don't know about the left hinge, nor about the AC. It does look like your vehicle is still under the manufacturer's warranty, so it may be worthwhile to have MB check it out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks eddy it only happens in the cold weather so for now mb said wait to fall.......thanks i want to put a 2006 slk 280 car bra on my 2007 slk 280 is it the same ????????? let me know thanks

·
Registered
600 Posts
I can attest to the fact that the center console locks when the vehicle locks. I didn't notice my vehicle had locked and i was fighting the center console under i ripped it open and the alarm activated. It was funny.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,275 Posts
car bra!!!!!???? i hope you mean a clearbra or ventureshield!! not some piece of vinyl!!

of course if you already have, you might as well use it.

do a search for ventureshield or clearbra for links to people that have it. i do, and in my album are some pics of the clearbra. my previous 05 slk350 had ventureshield on it and there should be pics of the installation.

post #4

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/6808-invisishield-vs-clearshield-vs-nothing.html

and here are pics from my previous 05 slk 350 ventureshield installation

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r171-slk-class/1221838-pictures-ventureshield-automotive-paint-protection-film.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.