Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered 2009 SLK55 AMG
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as far as i know my gauges were never changed, but as i look around the forums i noticed at other 2006 slk55 had a rpm of 7k.

is my car special? or is this part of the p30 package?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Post a picture - the cluster changed with the '08 facelift, but MB has been replacing the pre-facelift clusters with facelift ones when a replacement is required.

The P30 package did not have a special cluster.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
photo as requested,

it looks like the facelift version

another question since they replaced pre-facelift clusters with facelifted ones, can the prefacelift models use that extra 1k rpm?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Mine shows 7000 RPM but I do not have the 030 package....

·
Registered
270 Posts
Looks like the previous owner changed the cluster to 08+.
Performance pkg has nothing to do with the appearance of your tachometer.

Lastly, no... You will hit fuel cut... You can try though

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like the previous owner changed the cluster to 08+.
Performance pkg has nothing to do with the appearance of your tachometer.

Lastly, no... You will hit fuel cut... You can try though
can benz just update the software to 08+ so i may utilize the extra 1k? not like i will ever hit redline, but just want it cause its there
i dont recall any actually engine performance changes in 08+, so a simple software update my do

·
Registered
270 Posts
can benz just update the software to 08+ so i may utilize the extra 1k? not like i will ever hit redline, but just want it cause its there
i dont recall any actually engine performance changes in 08+, so a simple software update my do
I'm sure MB is capable of upgrading your ECU to raise the rev limiter but they will not do it.. :(

BTW, fuel-cut RPM for 08+ models are same as older models.. 8000 RPM will not happen with the stock ECU. That number is just for look unless you pay someone or aftermarket company to upgrade your ecu and change the setting. However, I do not see why you would want to do that.. It's risky... Our engines aren't designed for high-rev and there aren't any performance gain IMO

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i guess it is too good to be true, most v8 dont rev high.

i was just want 1k of more growl:biglaugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.