Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 SLK55 WITHOUT the P30 performance package.

I'm going to need to do brakes at some point in the near future. As always, I'd rather upgrade and or go aftermarket than pay stealership parts prices... so I turn to my favorite source for information: SLKWorld! :)

I'm trying to get a sense of what my options are for aftermarket brake parts.

PADS

So far I *think* that EBC makes YellowStuff pads for the front and rear, but I'm getting conflicting information from some sites.

Hawk Performance seems to do some pads, specifically HB616N.607, but I don't know if those are front or rear.

Past that, I've got a couple other lesser name options, but again sites are very conflicted as to what they are.

ROTORS

Good question.

I've only found one aftermarket option: RacingBrake RB-2118 (via vividracing.com). It's the right size (340mm), but I've never heard of the brand. I also can't tell if the price is for two or one. If it's for two, it's a great deal. One, not so much.

LINES

Goodridge stainless steel lines seem to be an option, and they're definitely cheap enough.

---

So anyone know any other options? I'm particularly interested in good aftermarket rotors, but pad suggestions are welcome too!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

Pads:
- I recently installed EBC Yellowstuff to front, no negative experiences so far, saw couple of tests where they performed well

Rotors:
- Month ago I eventually bought new front OEM discs from Germany (made by Brembo)
- In US, racingbrake.com sells their own versions of 340x32 composite rotors, worth checking, $1160/pair (to me more expensive than OEM due to EU tolls)
- Brembo is about to start selling these front rotors directly in the future, listed already in Brembo Premium catalog in US (availability & price unknown still)
- The back ones seem to be available only as OEM (as far as I've been able to dig into this)

No experience regarding the lines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.