Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm not sure where even to begin, car died, right before it died it says no coolant, then display error then shut engine down, car wont restart, i pulled all the codes off it and they are below. from my research the front can is under the hood's fuse box and the rear can is in the trunk behind the gas tank.

Is there an assembly that meets under the dashboard or something? i feel like there is a wire or plug loose i just don't know where all this stuff is

event 9102 can comm error me motor electronics
event 9112 can comm error rear sam
event 9354 no can received rear sam
event 9348 no can received engine control
event 9853 fault can comm rear sam
d604 line to push button switch mb info is interrupted
d691 large deviation between wheel and transmission signal
9204 control unit assyst not receiving any message from engine can

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,306 Posts
My thoughts:
how old is battery?
is it the original one?
have you had it tested?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the battery is about a year old, I havent had it tested, but the car will randomly allow itself to restart other times it doesn't make the effort to turn. it seems more electronic

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,512 Posts
Do check the battery. There are three interior places where can wiring is concentrated, two under the drivers side carpet, near the door sill, and one above the brake pedal. I think the engine-related can is the last one so start there.

·
103,306 Posts
until someone else jumps in, many have had success rebooting the car :D

disconnect the battery (remove neg cable) for a minimum of 30 minutes
reconnect and reset clock and synch your windows
see if it behaves correctly now

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill try it again and leave it disconnected overnight, i did pull the battery when i was on the side of the road before i called the tow truck, waited about 10 min

·
103,306 Posts
minimum 30 mins is the usual amount of time for every system to rest/die/reset

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah no go on disconnecting the battery, all kinds of errors on the display, coolant error, display error, engine error, etc. I think i aill dig under the dash this afternoon and check all the connections. from what i can tell the central hub is under there.

My scanner at one point in time said engine module not found. it just seems like it loosing connectivity to everything

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.