Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I ask you guys a quick question, is probably buried in the many head unit posts but I have a 2006 280 (R171) with a standard A20 which I replaced with a Kenwood DNX 875S. I used the Metra 40-EU10 Fakra antenna adapter cable mentioned by many but resulting in no FM/AM radio reception. Had no issues with original radio. Metra has a powered equivalent 40-EU55 Fakra adaptor cable, would that be the solution as Kenwood has a 12V blue antenna control wire? I have the standard antenna, no other mods. Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
2,675 Posts
In the original wire loom of the A20 should be a blue/white wire that is used to power on the antenna amplifier in the trunk. You should connect that to the blue wire from the Kenwood.

Btw,love your nick. Not a very flattering description of ones appearance in my native language though....

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Pete,

Thanks for sorting that. I have several diagrams showing the main connector and there are conflicting statements on pin 13 being not used as well as power antenna. I will check if the Crux interface (I tossed the Axxess stuff as I couldn’t get it to work even with their tech rep’s help) has a connection or not otherwise I’ll bypass the connector straight to the cable. Don’t translate the nick, I’m the same native as you but as being in the States it is often my user name. Anyway, harstikke bedankt voor de advies ??

·
Registered 2008 SLK200
20 Posts
If you have pre-FL,US version (which you have,2006) it should use pin 13 for powering the antenna amp. Pre-FL non-US or non-Japan uses pin 3. Wiring diagram attached.
Geen dank,graag gedaan! :D
I have the same issue.
Bought a Witson Android head unit and have no reception on FM at all.
But I have a facelift SLK 200 (2008). I understand that I need something different than ?
Dus dan heb ik iets anders nodig om mijn radio aan het werken te krijgen (antenne versterker zou voeding krijgen via de coax) ??g
Tevens is mijn SRS storing aangegaan na het inbouwen van deze radio ??? En gaat niet meer uit.

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
16,337 Posts
I have the same issue.
But I have a facelift SLK 200 (2008). I understand that I need something different than ?
Dus dan heb ik iets anders nodig om mijn radio aan het werken te krijgen (antenne versterker zou voeding krijgen via de coax) ??g
Tevens is mijn SRS storing aangegaan na het inbouwen van deze radio ??? En gaat niet meer uit.
English only please as we cannot moderate posts in other languages.

ONE time:
So then I need something else to get my radio working (antenna amplifier would get power from the coax) ??
Also my SRS malfunctioned after installing this radio ??? And does not go out anymore

·
2,675 Posts
I have the same issue.
Yes,with FL cars power to the antenna amp is supplied through the coax. There are special antenna adapters available for this. Search for threads that describe this. There are some. I'll see if I can dig up one. Later...Now going to bed.:sleep:

·
2,675 Posts
I have the same issue.
You need something like this:

No idea about the SRS. Accidently disconnect a SRS connector somewhere? E.g. the one under the seat?

·
Registered 2008 SLK200
20 Posts
Thanks for the answer. Major problem today......The android unit started smoking on the back side ande smelling like burning electrics......So disconnected it. Send a mail to the seller in China ....what to do now....
Hope I can send it back and get my money back......totally done with it.
I disconnected the controls for the roof and the mirrors and forget to connect them before I tested the radio.....so I guess that is the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts