Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has been to Toll Bar on the A45, you may know there are some speed cameras followed by National Speed Limit zones.

Had a blue 130i come up parallel to me at 40mph (2 lads that seemed perplexed with my car), I looked over as to say "i'm not in the mood" and he started gunning it after the last camera. True to SLK manner, ECO off, double tap the Gearbox mode to M and gunned it after him. Caught him up and started slowly pacing him till the first set of traffic lights.

Then seeing the guys trying to show off (revving at the lights) I was really in the mood to beat these jackholes. Turned off traction control, left foot on the brake, brake boosted to 1.8k and foot off the brake on green and paced them from the off (thanks to the low end torque). Probably had 2.5 car lengths at 62 and then the gap stayed level till the next roundabout.

They backed off after that!

Cannot believe my baby 1.8T is so capable - that damn tuning box!! The 130i have around 260hp so they had a 20 or so hp advantage... but I was alone in the car (not suggesting the Mrs is an elephant or anything!) and the spare wheel was removed, along with all the other crap in the boot.... oh and the "hood/roof" (@Jeff delete as appropriate :) ) was up!

Perhaps with the new intercooler it will be even faster... Vath quoting 5-8% but the Dyno will reveal all...
Have a good week everyone
Uz

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Hi All
@Uz your a bad ass in that torque machine of yours (I mean this in a good way) . I just can not wait until the Tollbar End under pass is finished going to make some nice noises gunning it thro' there . I have my car back now so hope to see you about the area .

Cheers

Andy >:D>:D>:D
p.s. just give you your first Thanks :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi All
@Uz your a bad ass in that torque machine of yours (I mean this in a good way) . I just can not wait until the Tollbar End under pass is finished going to make some nice noises gunning it thro' there . I have my car back now so hope to see you about the area .

Cheers

Andy

p.s. just give you your first Thanks
Hey Andy!
What happened to your beast? Why was it away?
Hahaha I can't wait either.... the tunnels on the ring road arent a good enough sound fix!
I was racing @Yuri over the weekend and I started gapping him and those diesels have 500NM of torque!!! However, when that is tuned he will be blisteringly quick.
I want to do more to the car, but I'm slightly cautious after @Hal gave the low-down on the m271 engine. We will see.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts