Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just sold my '99 SLK230 and "upgraded" to a 2005 SLK350. I have not taken delivery of the car yet (hopefully it will be here next week), but I was able to generate a Datacard using the VIN.

My question is, it appears there are things on the the Datacard that are not in the car. For instance, it does list code 403 AIRSCARF SYSTEM AT FRONT, but I can tell from the pictures from the dealer, it does not have the AIRSCARF system on the headrests. It also lists code 530 COMAND DVD APS USA WITH NAVIGATION, although the dealer said it does not have a navigation system.

Am I just reading the Datacard incorrectly? One unique thing about the car is apparently the original buyer purchased it new in Germany and had it shipped to the U.S. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Even though I'll know in a week or so just exactly what it has, I'm still kind of curious.

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
105,245 Posts
How did u get the card? from epc or that russian site?

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used EPC...and I updated my profile (although it's not official until it's sitting in my driveway) :)

·
105,245 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apparently the dealer was wrong...and the data card was correct. Just took delivery of the car today and it has all of the features on the data card...which is great news. Comfort package, entertainment package, heating package and premium package. I'm still trying to find my way around since it is a little different than my old SLK230.

Unfortunately I got the dreaded ESP Malfunction error when I started it up. I've taken it for a couple of long drives and put it on a battery charger for awhile (thinking maybe the battery drained down in transit), but it's still there. I called the dealer immediately (they're in South Carolina and I'm in Wisconsin), and their first response was "Gee, it didn't have that message when we loaded it on the trailer."...or in other words, it was fine when it left so now it's my problem. Regardless if it is the battery or needs a new sensor, it's kind of a drag having a car for one day and having to put money into it already. I'm checking with the dealer again tomorrow, so I guess we'll see what they say.

Despite the ESP thing, it is a beautiful car and a heckuva lot peppier than my SLK230.

·
105,245 Posts
Get battery checked. It might have a bad cell or cells.
or do the battery reset

disconnect the battery (remove neg) for a minimum of 30 mins
reconnect
reset clock n synch windows
see if error is gone

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Get battery checked. It might have a bad cell or cells.
or do the battery reset

disconnect the battery (remove neg) for a minimum of 30 mins
reconnect
reset clock n synch windows
see if error is gone
Thanks....I'll give it a shot.

Here's a pic...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.