Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So a few days ago, someone stole the glass part of the side view mirrors. I decided to try my luck at a Mercedes junkyard in town to check for a replacement, so I'm wondering which other models/years share the same side-mirror.

·
Premium Member
10,745 Posts
You can often pick them up cheap on eBay , I bought an original mirror for £12 .. New non OEM ones go for around a tenner !

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,015 Posts
The glass , and 99% of the mirror is the same as the r230 SL

Cheers
Sean

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Sean's right - all the R230 and R171's share the same mirror glass for the exteriors. Do be aware there are a number of different type - heated, autodimming, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips guys. Just one thing though. The only glass I found on eBay were from the UK. Isn't the passenger side mirror more convex than the driver's side mirror?

·
Registered
24 Posts
My auto-dimming glass started to haze and the fluid inside it pooled at the bottom of the mirror. The OEM Mercedes part was about 350 bucks, but does auto-dim. I got it from the stealership's parts department.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Hey guys,
So a few days ago, someone stole the glass part of the side view mirrors. I decided to try my luck at a Mercedes junkyard in town to check for a replacement, so I'm wondering which other models/years share the same side-mirror.

How sure you got it stolen ??

They can fall out after being disturbed or not fitted right over a period of time etc . ??

Or did both units go ??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How sure you got it stolen ??

They can fall out after being disturbed or not fitted right over a period of time etc . ??

Or did both units go ??
Yes both we're gone. Also, I live in Romania currently, so I'm sure they were stolen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts