Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let the car sit most of the winter and the battery failed. I replaced the battery and now I have a few problems. 1) the roof will no longer retract, the windows do however when I do the sequence i.e. the 4 windows go down with the roof button. 2) ABS shows up on dash as well as ESP and HAS what is happening? The car runs fine and stops fine wish I could put the top down

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts
so when you hold the roof button either up or down continuously what happens? any sound like the motor working. Car is running I assume when you are doing this?
do you have the Smarttop installed?
the roof has worked before?
when was the new battery put in?
you check the appropriate fuses?

R171 trouble shooting roof

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-class-diy/205097-r171-vario-roof-troubleshooting-tree.html

saw you looking at the r170 earlier but you do not have a r170

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you are correct I put post in the wrong place. Yes the roof worked the last time I was in the car. The battery I just put in is the first that I have replaced and no I do not hear any pump noise only the note that the car is in drive mode. Where is the fuse? I do not have a manual I purchased this car used.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts
car in drive mode? you cannot put the top up or down while in drive mode/moving more than 3 mph (unless you have installed a mod called the SmartTop

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts
also in the trunk, is the luggage cover in the closed position? if not, the top cannot be put up or down

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,830 Posts
so have you:?

checked trunk and is trunk partition closed and latched?
got in car
started car
leave car in park
is roof up or down at the moment?
if roof is up, have you held roof button back continuously until something happens?
if roof is down, have you held roof button forward continuously until something happens?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.