Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evenin' All. the rear discs on my 2005 55 AMG - 4-pot rear calipers - are quite heavily scored, and need replacing. Those fitted are drilled and vented.

According to ECP/Carparts4less, the Brembos they have are vented only. All those on eBay are vented only, except for some Febi discs which are drilled and vented. Can anybody tell me whether the MB-supplied OE would be drilled or not?

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
80 Posts
Evenin' All. the rear discs on my 2005 55 AMG - 4-pot rear calipers - are quite heavily scored, and need replacing. Those fitted are drilled and vented.

According to ECP/Carparts4less, the Brembos they have are vented only. All those on eBay are vented only, except for some Febi discs which are drilled and vented. Can anybody tell me whether the MB-supplied OE would be drilled or not?
Hi @SLK55BOF, I see you didn't get a reply to this, I bought these:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/a1714230212

Would appear to be original

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that. They are competitively priced for Brembos, but I think I'm going to go with OEM Febis - £98 on eBay, as compared to £153 for these Brembos.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
94,975 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
80 Posts
Thank you for that. They are competitively priced for Brembos, but I think I'm going to go with OEM Febis - £98 on eBay, as compared to £153 for these Brembos.
I thought Brembo were OEM on these cars. When I bought mine they were just over 100 for a pair, must have had a better offer on. Guess I got lucky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts