Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday the drive belt tensioner pulley bearing failed. This resulted in the pulley falling off and the belt coming loose. I replaced the pulley and both belts and everything is good. Out of caution I would like to go back and change the supercharger tensioning and idler pulleys. When I look online I see the supercharger idler pulley and the drive belt tensioning pulley but don't see a like part for the supercharger. Is it the same pulley as the drive tensioner or is it a Mercedes only part? I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks, Charlie

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,223 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff. I used their belt pictures to properly install the replacement belts. Pelican has been very helpful. Unfortunately, they too only show the drive tension pulley and supercharger idler pulley, if I remember correctly.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,223 Posts
Thanks Jeff. I used their belt pictures to properly install the replacement belts. Pelican has been very helpful. Unfortunately, they too only show the drive tension pulley and supercharger idler pulley, if I remember correctly.

from your vin number

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Part number for the supercharger tensioner pulley is A1192001470. Part number of my original drive belt pulley is 1112000070. I will do a comparison when I receive my new supercharger pulley and provide feedback. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Belt Tensioner AND Shock Absorber?

My main belt tensioner bearings failed and took out the belt. I can find the parts for the pully, but the part number on the tensioner (111-200-12-70) on several parts web sites (including Pelican) says to use a tensioner part # 111-200-07-70, but that it needs a shock absorber (pn 111200-04-14) also.
My engine does not have the shock absorber now, but it looks like a mounting tab exists on the engine block for one to the attached.
A different parts web site said that engine serial numbers above 023380 do not have a tensioner.
So the question, are these two tensioner part numbers interchangeable?
I cannot find a tensioner with the 111-200-12-70 part number, so sort of stuck right now.
OBTW, The tensioner seems to move as I would expect, but the bad bearing caused the pully to wear a gouge into the face of the tensioner, so I think I should replace it.
1998 SLK 230.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.