Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I appear to be getting about 23 to 25 mpg at best though the car is only traveling 1 to 2 miles to and from work? does this sound right?
Google tells me 35 mpg urban?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,450 Posts
David, I will move your post to the r170 (you are a r170, right) general discussion as your question is not specific to just the UK region, ok?

·
Registered 2006 SLK350 sold/now 2018 SL400
298 Posts
Hi all
I appear to be getting about 23 to 25 mpg at best though the car is only traveling 1 to 2 miles to and from work? does this sound right?
The engine will be running on choke for most if not all of the journey hence the high fuel consumption. This sort of work really punishes the engine oil, its well worth getting the engine properly warmed up once in a while. Also consider interin oil anf filter changes.

Mark

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi all
It's quite normal. I usually check my consumption by the full tank. I fill in the full tank and usually get 300 miles out of it before the light comes up. That's under normal driving conditions. The maximum I could squeeze out of full tank is 370 miles! Thought I'd never make it to the gas station :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Last Service

Wonder when it was last serviced as our 230 does 26 round town and 28/9 the rest of the time. Your 200 should better that figure, to get the 30 + you have to be motor way at 60mph, but have got it with ours.

The improving weather should help as today the sun is out. Have you given the car a good run out as that might help. There is lots of history on the site on 'mpg' but consensus is that 26 - 28 mpg and you are doing OK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.