Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Hope all is swell in SLK world. Things are coming together nicely with my R170. Got rid of the fake side vents, but it has left residue. Hopefully going to sort later or this weekend.

It looks like they moved the original side badges though. The one even looks lopsided. Is anyone able to do measurements for me so that I can get new ones. It's not a priority. Just spent ZAR15000 to have various things done.

Thanks,
James

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,685 Posts
James,

Might be worth attaching a picture of what you have.

Different markets might use different stickers/decals.

·
Registered 2002 SLK 230 R170
355 Posts
Hi,

Mine is a 03 Slk Kompressor

From the side edge of the wing to the first letter I measure - 52mm
From the bottom of the letters to the end of the painted area (before the rubber spacer strip) I measure - 175mm

I would suggest that you get a few more to support my measurements as I have no way of knowing that they are in the original position.

This is how I fitted some new Badges on my SLK last year -

1/ Make sure the car is on level ground
2/ You need a cheap SPIRIT LEVEL like - 3 TUBES (Vertical Horizontal 45 degrees) See what I mean at -http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/255011052/Spirit_level_with_3_level_indicators.html
3/ Put a couple of pieces of BlueTac on the back of it.
4/ Cut two pieces of Masking Tape about 50mm longer than the distance down the wing you want to fit the badge.
5/ Attatch them to the wing using the Spirit Level to obtain VERTICAL strips - Spacing them a little wider than the badge (+10 - 20mm)
6/ Then use the Spirit Level to obtain a Horizontal level and mark this on each side on the masking tape or trial them by fitting just touching the Spirit Level.
7/ Repeat on other wing.

You can trial fit the badges by putting a little BulTack on the back of them and view from a distance.

DO NOT FORGET to clean the paint with a damp cloth (use soapy water) thoroughly before starting and when you finally fit the Badges

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thanks :) I will take a look. It looks like ESSOR is skew on the right side. Attaching pics, I think, just not straight on. Can get better ones later. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.