Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

Just joined and looking for some advice. My SLK 320 got trapped in a downhill garage probably 12 to 15 inches of water attacked it. This happened quite awhile back and just need to know where to start looking. There is what looks like a teleaid module under the drivers seat. Black box 7" long 3" wide and 1.5" deep. Says motorola on it, dealership calls it an e call module, cost ~$2400, I took it apart looked ok, might be some corrosion but can't tell if it fried or not.
Does it control the dead radio? Yeah I checked the fuses...no I don't care about teleaid never paid to have it active, I'll probably be the last owner for this car so it's my choice. No it was never upgraded to digital for reasons alluded to already.

Any suggestions for where to start looking for BAS ESP light on and system not working?

There's a bunch of computer looking things underneath the passenger foot area but they don't appear to have been affected by the water.

so to summarize:
- radio worked for awhile but now no signs of life..Yes I confirmed the usuals fuse etc..
- Traction control dead on startup light on or works once or twice then quits

I have a car lift in the garage and am pretty handy so welcome any ideas on where to start. Dealership was talking something like 10 grand to change the wiring harness...cars probably not even worth that in perfect shape.

thanks for any input,
Sean

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,100 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:confused:My assessment is, I don't have a clue. Sorry for the damage to your SLK. I hope you get it resolved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.