Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

This is a customer's car I have in at the minute. I have checked the main relay box for the common solder issue. All of it seems fine but I will re solder it tomorrow just incase. Im here for any wiring diagrams as I want to know what triggers the relay to work. If I make the contact of the fuel pump relay touch it kicks the pump into life and it works.

Any help would be great thanks

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,146 Posts

·
Registered 1996 SLK230K
55 Posts
On my car (96 230K), the coil in the fuel pump relay crapped out. I did all the usual K40 checks, reflowed the joints just in case, but no joy. It was definitely the relay. I had the same symptom where if I manually manipulated the relay the fuel pump would work.
These relays can be bought individually, but I just replaced the whole K40.

Cheers
Jay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know which wire that goes to the relay unit triggers the fuel pump relay? im trying to bypass the unit for now so he can use it by just wiring in a regular relay in. i have it done so far so the fuel pump works if i trigger the relay so i just need to add the cars trigger wire to start the relay?

Thanks

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K, 2001 SLK320
1,488 Posts
Hi everyone,

This is a customer's car I have in at the minute. I have checked the main relay box for the common solder issue. All of it seems fine but I will re solder it tomorrow just incase. Im here for any wiring diagrams as I want to know what triggers the relay to work. If I make the contact of the fuel pump relay touch it kicks the pump into life and it works.

Any help would be great thanks
Hi @Trick250

Are these any good to you?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts