Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is my 1st post since my wife bought a 2001 slk200 around a year ago so apologies for it being a question but I'm hoping for a little help after the car developed a fault recently.

Its a 6 speed manual and the gearstick is not able to engage gears 2, 4, 6 and reverse. (bottom half of the pattern). Now I've had a look under the car and can see no immediate problems in this area. But it has to be said I'm not 100% sure as I have no idea about the gearbox and linkage and how it should operate.
Is there any chance that a service diagram or some manual is available that explains the working of the linkage between the stick and box?

Gears 1,3 and 5 work OK so am hoping that there is no internal fault with the box iteslf.
Any advice or pointers would be much appreicated as it's a bit of a worry at the moment.

Thanks,
JB

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,464 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.