Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
521 - 534 of 534 Posts

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #524 ·
Ok so I'm getting confused when you say pipe you mean vacuum line?
All I know is this pipe(vacuum line) runs under K40 box along bulk head (fire wall) and to middle of intake.
If it goes from under box to headlight
I'll just plug it and worry about it later.

·
**Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0 & '00 SLK320
7,862 Posts
Just join white tube to other end of white tube with a piece of Vac Hose :ROFLMAO:

·
7,862 Posts
Purple Vac Tube has bog all to do with HVAC / Heater Flaps / whatever the feck you want to call it ;)

White Tube should be connected to back of intake manifold deep down at the side of the Throttle Valve, do not pull it off there, I just know you will never find where it goes ;)
From there it goes through the bulkhead to inside the Car behind Glove Box area, and somewhere where it then Tees off and goes to HVAC and HRA Knob.

Then ............. From HRA Knob comes a Purple Tube which goes back through the Bulkhead in a different place and that goes to both the Headlamps, I usually have to remove Batteries at least to get at them to repair !!

Anyways, I dunno why you are so fixated on Vac Tube at the moment, yet another tangent ............. :rolleyes:

Fix all wiring issues first, the Engine runs OK even when that Tube is broken, and if you can't fix the Wiring / ABS issue you are wasting your time fixing Vac Tube ;)

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #528 ·
I understand now the routing thanks. And just plugged it for now.Its a white wire so I'm sure it goes through where wire harness goes into pass foot well. I found the connection at back of intake.
And yes that's the least of my problems on this car..
The only reason I mentioned it at first was because I thought it was a wire..then I realized it was tube and followed back to intake.
At this point not important.
Still checking wires in console at moment..

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #530 ·
Yes so far I found nothing! The esp switch wasn't working but wires are good. And wires on skid control ok too. Didn't find anything on harness. So I moved on to under drivers foot well where I replaced brake light switch. So far all looks good.
If nothing there I'm moving to check wires on esp/Bas plug and checking signals and grounds...
It's a big process at this point..
I'm hoping it's just the module.
There not too expensive..

·
7,862 Posts
LOL, What you really need is SDS !!

Reactions: M4rCu5

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #533 ·
Well I drove car.5 miles and came home and did a live data and everythi g looked good. No engine codes but a monitor.im sure it's abs esp bas..
I'll check it out tomorrow.
I think your right about needing SDS..

·
7,862 Posts
I know I'm right, so do those who already bit that bullet and bought SDS ;)

521 - 534 of 534 Posts