Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
481 - 500 of 534 Posts

·
*Registered
2005 SLK200K
209 Posts
I can't understand why the drier sheets and cayenne doesn't work
They also say citronela plants drive away mosquitos. Alkaline water prevents cancer etc. Until there is a real unbiased study is done, its all hear say. Well now you know they dont work. Or they dont work well At least.
interestingly, you said the rats came from the previous owner? So did you inadvertently bring home the rats? They might start living in your house. after a while the rats learn to avoid the glue traps too.

I doubt your BAS/EESP gets sorted out even if you find the connection to those 2 CAN lines, the reason is that your BAS/ESP is ALREADY connected to the CAN network. You proved that when you tested continuity in post 450.
there are more chewed up wires Slick. I know its hard to admit. But thats the probability.
It seems you enjoy fixing cars so I dont see why its so bad. Some people spend weeks glueing up toy models and lego sets and after that it just goes on display, they cant even ride that to buy grocery.

If I were you and I was serious about getting the rest of the car fixed, I would start searching for a second hand SDS now.

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
They also say citronela plants drive away mosquitos. Alkaline water prevents cancer etc. Until there is a real unbiased study is done, its all hear say. Well now you know they dont work. Or they dont work well At least.
interestingly, you said the rats came from the previous owner? So did you inadvertently bring home the rats? They might start living in your house. after a while the rats learn to avoid the glue traps too.

I doubt your BAS/EESP gets sorted out even if you find the connection to those 2 CAN lines, the reason is that your BAS/ESP is ALREADY connected to the CAN network. You proved that when you tested continuity in post 450.
there are more chewed up wires Slick. I know its hard to admit. But thats the probability.
It seems you enjoy fixing cars so I dont see why its so bad. Some people spend weeks glueing up toy models and lego sets and after that it just goes on display, they cant even ride that to buy grocery.

If I were you and I was serious about getting the rest of the car fixed, I would start searching for a second hand SDS now.
Way ahead of you on looking for second hand SDS..No luck yet..
So I'll solder these can wires and go from there I checkd rest of wiring in foot well. It's good soill take out center console and keep heading towards left of car.. One step at a time. Taking all of dash out will be last resort.
And your right Brian.. Nothing is exact science! 👍

·
*Registered
2005 SLK200K
209 Posts
Way ahead of you on looking for second hand SDS..No luck yet..
So I'll solder these can wires and go from there I checkd rest of wiring in foot well. It's good soill take out center console and keep heading towards left of car.. One step at a time. Taking all of dash out will be last resort.
And your right Brian.. Nothing is exact science! 👍
yep we are at the edge of our seats. maybe you get lucky and BAS/ESP error dissapears!

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #486 · (Edited)
Ok just soldered them and started car but still ABS and ESP BAS lights still on..I even tried the wheel left to right thing turned it 5 times and still on.
But I put the fuse back in for interior lights and siren and checked it by leaving POS post hooked up and neg off with test lead black just to cable and it wasn't any volts this time to fuse.
So that's fixed. No more battery draw..
Maybe because I don't have the SDS to turn that code off?

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #487 · (Edited)
Also just curious
Where is PSE mod located in trunk?
By any chance does it go here ?
Pic of left inside trunk. Looks like something went there at one time? Or is it a test port?
Ok checking wire diagrams it says PSE is located lower right side of trunk? Well it also said BAS ESP mod was at right side rear of engine bay.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface Asphalt Grey

·
**Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0 & '00 SLK320
7,862 Posts
You don't need to check it out, just buy the bloomin' thing !!

Better still go for C4 Multiplexer with full lead set, buy a laptop and get @i860 to sort the software for you.
If you go that route and shop around for Multiplexer (MUX) and Leads on Ali Express you may well end up around same price or a little cheaper, particularly if you have a suitable Laptop gathering dust in a cupboard somewhere, again take @i860 advice on laptop !!

If you buy and try to use anything that is not SDS then just don't bother wasting your money, it would be better to consult this geezer ....

If you want to work efficiently on a Mercedes ...............

Hairstyle Eyebrow Smile Gesture Font

·
**Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0 & '00 SLK320
7,862 Posts
I am pretty sure you will also find this very useful :-

HTH ;)

BTW, don't just read the first post, keep going and read all, because there is more stuff there added by others and also @Mslisaj helped me out when I was busy by adding a lot of stuff I told her about when she first got her SDS ;)

Reactions: SlickgoingSLK
481 - 500 of 534 Posts