Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After "lusting" for a Mercedes Sports Car for many years, I finally broke down and bought myself a 2001 Slk 320 Sport that is in perfect condition.

I've had this Black SLK for nearly a year - it took me until today to remember that I have already signed up for this forum.

Fortunately, I live in the Phoenix, AZ area, so there are plenty of days to drive the car with the top down.

And I just recently retired - so now I have even more time to clean, wax, and drive this great car.

I do have a quick question for any 2001 SLK 320 Sport owners out there.

Recently, one of the lower grill inserts either fell out (or was stolen).

As I have checked around for a replacement, the quotes I have been receiving have been in the $120.00 to $160.00 range.

And that's for a piece of plastic screen approximately 10 inches by 4 inches.

I have owned an earlier 1995 E-320 so I understand that Benz parts are more expensive - but this seems ridiculous.

The same insert for the non-sport version is quoted at less than $20.00.

Any thoughts are where I might find this part at a more reasonable cost?

Ron in Arizona

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,411 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location and vehicle info in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome from Atlanta. Do you have a part #? I can check a source to compare prices. Also, if you need any detailing products you can check out a site sponsor DetailersDomain.com they are offering 20% off this month.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome from MN! Here we'll be enjoying top down driving for a couple more months before it's 6 months of winter once again.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from London. If you don't have a part number, shoot me a PM with your VIN and I'll see what I can dig up for you.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Another welcome from Atlanta.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.