Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Of course I woke up the other morning to a beautiful day and a perfect opportunity to have the top down and go for a ride. I started the car and proceeded to retract the top. As the trunk started to go up and just as it was hitting the end I heard a pop and the top wouldn't move. I was able to bring the truck back down and the windows went up. I've owned this car for about 4 months and I have had no problems with it all.

I figure if I bring it in to the dealership it will cost a small fortune and I just had a little girl 10 days ago and my wife will stick me in the garage if I tell her the car needs 2 grand worth of work.

Can anyone help??

Cheers,
bfletch

·
Registered 2003 SLK32 AMG
15 Posts
Hard top...

Congrats on the baby! I'm sorry to hear that right now is not a good time for the Mercedes to break down. I guess people aren't doing much with the old r170's anymore. In fact I'm having a tough time searching for a step by step on changing plugs for my slk32.
Anyways I did a search and found some info on the roof. Try here...
SLK 230 top problem - Page 2 - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum
There are a lot of write ups on the roof out there, if I'm not mistaking the roof should be the same for all r170's.
Good luck!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Torontonian! Congrats on the new baby, and sorry to hear about the Top problem. I can't help much with the issue, since I really don't know much about the top -yet. Try searching other threads on here and the other MB forums, I am sure you'll find what you need.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi, I had a problem where the top part of the roof would stop at various positions due to the coating of 2 wires touching in the join between the rear window and top.

As they touched, the system assumed the top was locked and stopped it. I did post some pics on the posts which may help you see more just to check before you pay a Dealer.

Let me know if it helps or you need any more details

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.