Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the most amazing find. Magma red 2000 slk230 with only 1300 miles on it. Stored indoors for it's lifetime and never driven!
Shipped from new york to california for only $600! It arrived last week.
It's almost perfect. Not even any dust on the engine. There was a film on the inside of the windows from being stored with the windows up for 9 years but I had the interior detailed and it's fabulous now.
I had the paint professionally polished and it shines like chrome. I only need two parts for it; The windscreen is missing so I want to buy one. Preferably fabric, not acrylic. And the Mercedes star on the grille has the chrome bubbling off of the plastic underneath (heck, it IS 9 years old). Any suggestions on where to get these parts would be appreciated. It gets great gas mileage and still has plenty of power from the 230 engine. What a fun car. I've driven Mercedes sedans for 20 years, all E-class and really enjoy the brand in general but this car is special! It's embarassing what I paid for it. It's 9 years old but it's NEW!! pretty fun.
Chris

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Have you considered the rear windscreen by Windrestrictor? Is the MB star on the front grill part of the whole grill assembly or can the star be purchased separately from the MB parts department?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.