Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ya'll and Happy Thanksgiving.

Since the beginning of Summer, I have had a lot of problems keeping my SLK230 running. The "search" function has been a lot of help but I cannot find any other suggestions.

The car is hard to start. I turn the key to the "on" position and listen for the fuel pump to finish charging the system. Then I turn the key. The engine will sputter sounding like it isn't firing on all cylinders. I'll turn the key off and on a couple times and start it again. Usually within three or four tries, the car will run and idle. I usually have to tickle the gas pedal a bit and get the engine warmed up good before the car runs like it should.

Originally, the car would simply die leaving me stranded for a few minutes. I replaced the fuel filter, sparkplugs, coils, MAF and O2 sensors. That made it run better but it still died. I replaced the K40 Relay board. That fixed the problem. Then we bought a couple more cars and stopped driving theSLK.

After a couple of months of sitting, I started the car and it rans rough. The engine would faulter when you gently press the gas pedal. I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter (again), the crankshaft position sensor and cam position sensor. I replaced the cam adjustment magnet.

Today, the car is very hard to get started. But once it is running, everything seems fine. I changed the sparkplugs (again) to some off-the-shelf from Autozone. I'm going to replace the plugs with what every my Import Auto place recommends.

I still get ODBII code P0130. O2 Sensor Bank One Position One.

I need some suggestions to get my car running like new again.

Please help

Thanks

Pat
Havana, FLA

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.