Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My name is Marcel de Man and I'm a newbie on this forum.
Hope someone can help me with the roof problem I'm having. If I try to open the roof the red light starts blinking. When I reset the computer(disconnect the battery) I can open the roof. Then when I want to close it the same thing happens. Again I have to reset the computer to get it working.

Any suggestions.

Thanks
Marcel

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,061 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,061 Posts
Thanks for updating!

·
Registered
88 Posts
i have just updated my last post with a diagnosis sheet i found on the web for an older MB.
have a look it gives you some senario's and possible causes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had an interesting development with my roof not working. Last week my car just quit while waiting for a traffic light. Engine light and triangular light came on. Couldn't start the car for about 10 minutes. When I finally got home I got the error codes. I did a search on this forum and was directed to the K40 relay problem. Fixed the relay and the car runs great after this and further i don't understand why but as a bonus my roof problem went away as well.

I love this forum,
Thanks all of you sharing your problems and solutions.

Marcel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.