Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information about this car?

My understanding is that there were only 400 made and 125 of them sent to the United States.

Any info would be appreciated.

SLKman

·
Founding Member
7 Posts
There is nothing unique about the car except the color combination. They also came out with a green Designio that was more rare, or less popular depending on your point of view............ :)

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you say is true, but the Copper color and 2 tone Designo interior is what attracted me to the car and since it was only produced in that color for 1 year I had to buy it!

I think this is what makes it stand out from the rest. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
i love the color what does the interior look like i wish i had a color that stood out mine is just black i love the car but i am trying to find ways to make my car look diff. from the others around here

·
Founding Member
7 Posts
SLKman said:
What you say is true, but the Copper color and 2 tone Designo interior is what attracted me to the car and since it was only produced in that color for 1 year I had to buy it!

I think this is what makes it stand out from the rest. :D
The comment wasn't meant to disparage the car, it's just a statement of fact. The Designio series are basicly standard cars (in all classes) with a different color package. I believe the leather is of a higher grade as well, but there is no change in handling or power. In Europe there is a wider set of color options in both Designio and "Standard" grade cars………...:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am buying one of these on monday. It has 94000 miles and it has one accident report on carfax. A fender bender the guy showed me the geiko claim with pics etc. Im really excited the car looks great. I think I got a pretty good deal for 9k USD. what do you think?

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great Price!
The color makes it stand out from all the others.

According to MB there are only 30 of the '00 Limited Edition Designo copper colored SLK230's shipped to the USA.
So if you have one...post pics and location.

SLKman:tu:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
I am buying one of these on monday. It has 94000 miles and it has one accident report on carfax. A fender bender the guy showed me the geiko claim with pics etc. Im really excited the car looks great. I think I got a pretty good deal for 9k USD. what do you think?
9K...that's a great price! I paid $16K for mine in '05 with 74K miles.

And what Brent said about posting pics. :tu:

Oh...btw...WELCOME TO SLKWORLD!!!

Update your info so we know where you are and when you have any questions, we can better help you.:rockon:

·
Registered
127 Posts
$9k sounds like an excellent price. We got ours two 1/2 years ago for $16K. The car had 41,ooo miles on it.

However, don't expect to ever go incognito with this color car. Everyone will recognize you a mile away.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
can everyone else who has the copper designo post their pics?
Mine looks pretty much like yours except my seat cover is a little older, but just as pretty. :D

I also have a long european plate on the front and a full windrestrictor.

·
Registered
60 Posts
car just passed ny state inspections with flying colors. mechanic was soooo jealous. drove from nyc to catskills and back and the ride was like a dream

·
Registered
127 Posts
Did you take the Thruway or the Taconic to head north? The Taconic is a bit longer bu a much more scenic route. You just cross over the Hudson much higher up.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts