Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 44th Vehicle so far (that number includes boats, jetskis, atvs, cars and trucks), but my 1st Mercedes.

I picked up a 99 SLK230 Sport. It was an unbelievable deal, however the past owner just wanted it out of his driveway. The Check engine light was one, the top was having issues, and the interior has the normal flaws. Thanks to this site I already fixed the CEL, it was indeed the K40 solder joint issue. The trunk binds up and will not open for the top to go down. I haven't gotten into that yet.

-Eric Rosenthal

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,481 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your vehicle in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle'.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan via Richardson Texas......

When I saw your User Name (TrackNeon), it brought old memories!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Hi Eric - Asheville is a lovely part of the country. I had my picture taken by Killboy a few years ago in a JCW MINI. :) Get after that top, you have some great roads to play on!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the Welcomes! People on here from all over the world!

I have corrected the top problem! It was the silly seat belt looking latch on the front right of the hinge assembly, it wasn't unlocking, so it wouldn't tilt backwards. A little clean and lubricate and all is good in the world! My restoration of some of the car is already in progress. New OE floor mats, replacing a broken speaker grill, a couple trim pieces here and there.. just the normal stuff. It definately needs a heck of a detail job. I've always been a bit nervous of black cars - I may take it somewhere for that. I'll get to refinishing the console when I decide I don't want to drive it for a while.

Uncle John, The Deal's gap store is exactly 109 miles from my front door. I go there for the Nissan Zdayz event every year, and usually a time or 2 on whatever 2 wheeled sport bike I have at the time. It was so much better 18 years ago when I 1st visited, it's overrun on the weeekends now. However, I don't need to drive 5 miles to get on some really awesome roads leading to and from the Blue Ridge Parkway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts