Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously owned BMWs, bought a 350 a couple of months ago, eventually trading in my beloved M3 manual convertible.
The 350 is a beautiful car and unfair comparisons with the M3 are inevitable.
Not as fast, not as quick around corners, but very nice, quite quick, havnt managed to 'stretch her legs' as yet!!. Very comfortable, I had 18inch AMG wheels fitted, looks the part now.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome from London! Wait till you have a nice, sunny day, and then drop the top - M3 will be gone from your mind.

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
Welcome mate :)

unless he had the M3 vert lol

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welcome from South Texas.

I took a 2008 M3 for a test drive before I bought my SLK55. It was fun but I'm not the least bit dissappointed and I know you'll enjoy that 350. Congrats.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,456 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location and vehicle info in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Welcome from Arizona!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from California, and congratulations!!

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Welcome from Scottsdale! Please update your profile, add a pic when you can, and consider joining this great community as a paid member. You won't regret it!!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Welcome, enjoy your 350. :)

As for the M3, I saw one last weekend on the A41 near Bicester. The driver ran out of talent in a left-hander and put it backwards in the hedge on the inside of the bend. A combination of stupid/incompetant driver, powerful car with wide tyres and stiff suspension plus a good old rain shower. Looks to me like he stomped on the loud pedal at the wrong time and in the wrong place and lost the arse-end.

I got there as they were trying to pull it back out with a 4x4, it was well in there so I'd guess it took 'em a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks

Thanks for making me welcome.
Just to follow through, plenty of sun here in Sydney, cold (as it is winter) but still have the top down.
Why an SLK, well, I must confess that a replacement M3 would have been my first choice if it hadnt been so awful to look at, especially on the inside.
I wasnt looking for a change of car, I just happened to pop into the local MB dealer and the SLK was there (demonstrator), did like the look.
Took it for a drive, whilst quite impressed, changing over was furthest from my mind, eventually after 2-3 weeks I made the call, and the deal was done.
Regrets, only one the SLK is NOT manual
Wife not impressed, but then!!!!!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.