Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
====================================================================
I received an update from the organisers yesterday stating that DHF 2020 is now cancelled but the event will be back next year.
Anyone who had already bought tickets will be contacted next week and given the option of a refund or exchange for 2021 tickets.
====================================================================

UPDATE. 25/03/2020 EVENT POSTPONED BY ORGANISERS
See post from @Col quoted below.

As anticipated MSV have made the following announcement postponing all motorsports events until at least July.

“Dear Club Organiser

TUESDAY 24 MARCH 2020
DONINGTON HISTORIC FESTIVAL – UPDATE

In light of recent developments in the COVID-19 crisis, Motorsport UK (the governing body for motorsport in the UK) has today extended its suspension of all motorsport events until at least 30th June.

This means that, sadly, we have to postpone the Donington Historic Festival to an alternative date later in the year.

Existing Ticket Holders
The policy of MSV, who operate Donington Park, is as follows:
'In the event a race meeting is postponed, all tickets will be valid for the rescheduled event. If you let us know that you can't make the rescheduled date once it’s been announced, you will get a refund. If a race meeting is cancelled entirely and not rescheduled, you will automatically get a refund. We hope that this approach will provide total comfort and reassurance to our customers.'

The Donington Historic Festival website and social media channels will be kept up to date with the latest information and we would ask you to please bear with us as we look into the options.

www.doningtonhistoric.com
Facebook: Donington Historic Festival
Twitter: https://twitter.com/donington_hist
Instagram: Donington Historic Festival (@doningtonhistoric) • Instagram photos and videos

We would like to thank all of our staff, participants and visitors for their understanding and support during this difficult time. Please follow all official guidance to do what you can to keep yourselves and others safe and well”
Once again this year I've applied for club display space at DHF 2020 for SLK & SLC Club the Facebook group which I administer. Once again I'd like to invite all SLKWorld members to support this event in 2020. Once I've had confirmation from MSV the event organisers I'll provide more information here in this thread.

Last year we had around a dozen SLKs and SLCs on both Saturday and Sunday of the event with some members attending both days.

No need to do anything yet if you are interested but by all means register your interest in this thread or within the SLK & SLC Club Facebook group if you're a member there.

Hope you can make it!
Col

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,680 Posts
Won't be able to make this Col. :(

I'll be working with a touring theatre company next year and my diary says I'm to be in Paisley on the 2nd. :)

·
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the interest so far. There has been some early interest on SLK & SLC Club too! I’ve had an acknowledgement of our application for a club stand from MSV. Should be a great event building on the success of 2019. I’ll keep you all posted! :)

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350
914 Posts
Added to my diary (y)
will keep an eye on this thread.

Reactions: Squishband and Col

·
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The club application has been accepted! I now have all the details required to book discounted club tickets. If you would like to attend please send me your email address via PM.

Martin and Trev, I'll send you guys the details anyway seeing as I already have your email addresses.

Thanks
Col

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350
914 Posts
Are any of you booking accommodation in the area or are you travelling on the day(s)?
I‘m looking at this and might drag a mate along as well.

Reactions: Col

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG
3,561 Posts
Are any of you booking accommodation in the area or are you travelling on the day(s)?
I'm traveling on the day(s), it's only 20 minutes away...?

That's not much help is it....? ?

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC200
3,253 Posts
We will be traveling on the day, not too far for us.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts