Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Members
I wonder if anyone can point me to the correct place to obtain the Allen Bolt that secures the tailpipe to the exhaust back box? I have purchased a new tailpip (£59.95) but I can't get the old one off as the bolt is seized. The local exhaust place cannot undo it to put the new tailpipe on and suggested I obtain a new bolt for it as he will need to chisel the old bolt off in order to fit the new tailpipe but I need a new bolt! Thanks in advance. Bob.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,650 Posts
do you see the bolt?

if so, see attached pdf

go online to any mb oem site n order
or go to
mb parts at local dealer

:D

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Yes, you can see the bolt head (Allen key head) on the outside of the tailpipe trim (part 17). I see from the image that no bolt is shown! There is one, and this is seized on and will need cutting off somehow. The mechanic said he can do this for me but will need the new bolt to do the job. Apparently no other bolt will do the job! Thanks for you reply, however. I still need to know what the actual part number is for the bolt that attached part 17 to the tail pipe. Cheers!

·
93,650 Posts
if a bolt is not shown, usually that means it is not sold separately...

·
93,650 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Is it worth looking at car breakers? Maybe a newer SLK being broken will yield what you want?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts