Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was fortunate to have the amazing members here provide me with tips on my failed blower motor that saved me a bunch of money...it was simply seized and not dead...cleaned it up and it is as good as new.

I am hoping I might get lucky again and see if the pool of knowledge can help me out again.

For the last few months I have been burning quite a bit of oil and as a result, the plugs are getting fouled up and performance is suffering. I have heard horror stories about what it might cost to get it fixed and am kinda freaking out a bit. This is not a good time for me to be spending a lot of money on this car (anything really)

I stumbled upon this forum post and was wondering if anyone can corroborate what he says...he tends to talk a lot, so the important part is here:

Just want to give you guys a little mechanical tip.. For those of you who drives and own gas powered 4-6 cylinder engines and your Benz starts burning oil, oily thread of spark plugs and smoky exhaust.. Don't be too hasty to have the engine overhauled and spend ten thousands of pesos when you don't have to.. I have a solution for you.. first have it check by a good qualified MerZy mechanic.. then tell him what needs to be done..

Tell him that you want your valve guides replaced without taking off the cylinder head off.. if his answer is "Cannot be done or it is impossible".. then he is not a good Benz mechanic at all.. Nine times out of ten, your valve guides are worn out instead of your piston rings..

I realize that those are common symptoms, but they do match mine exactly...burning oil, fouled plugs and white/gray exhaust.

Thank you in advance for any info you can send my way.

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.