Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,233 Posts
moving to r170 general discussion. the forum operations sectin is for help in the forum operations.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,233 Posts
there is no link to a free shop manual. do you need an owner's manual or maintenance manual?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
MBUSA sells the shop manual on CD. Last I checked it was about $119.

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
its a crazy manual from Mercedes
i hate it ,i can't figure it out, i need a book book paper something to hold on to
I agree about the manual, I am slowly finding my way around it, but I have a similar interactive manual for my other car which is much more useful and intuitive.
And the maintenance manual for "my" aircraft is much more useful than both of these, with almost any search token getting you to the right info in a couple of jumps.

I wonder if anyone who has found their way around effectively could give us numpties/newbies some guidance?

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Many thanks to OFFDEP for the data. I am convinced that MB does not want us to know and express what a joy these cars are to work on, it might put their service departments out of business. I've always done my own work (lowly blue collar type): Alpha Romeo; Fiats-5; Saabs-4; Hondas-4; Porsche & others. These cars are fun & easy, so they make the shop manual a nightmare. ROFL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.