Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } Thanks you for the warm welcome to your forum I thought I should do a small update on the project 1998 SLK230.. I bought this car In December from a used car dealer that said it was a bank repo but he assured me that nothing was wrong with it and I assured him that he was a lying SOS! I opened the front hood and could see that most all of the Vacuum lines were missing! I could tell the codes had just been erased but he insisted it didn’t throw any! HA! I made him what I thought was a very low offer and he said I should get lost! Two weeks later he called and said to come get the car and I told him that offer was only good on that day! I said I would consider taking it for now $300 less than before and he called me something nasty and said come and get it. I Had it towed home and a week later took it in for 4 new tires The old ones were bald as you can get! It turns out the car had (3) 8 inch wheels and (1) 7 inch wheel so I had them mount the three of the tires and would come back after I found a 7 inch wheel. So now I have the car up on jack stands to drain every conceivable fluid this car has in it because I can tell the previous owner(s) did not or could not afford to do any maintenance and I was right. The engine, Transmission and rear end fluid looked like burnt tar!
Here is a list of the initial parts list I have ordered to start the Revival... 7in. front wheel, 4 Rotors Callipers and brake pads.. New Turn Signal Arm assembly. Engine oil and Filter, transmission oil and filter. Rear end oil. Super Charger Oil, Steering fluid. Fuel Filter,,,2 Serpentine Belts, 2 Belt Tensioner with rollers, 1 Idler wheel, New Water Pump.. New K40 relay box.. Blaupunkt Stereo.. Spark Plugs, Y32 Vacuum switch, After Taking most of the ordered part off the car I found that many of the Factory Bolts were missing That secure the 2 Tensioners and the Air Con Comp only had one bolt holding it on so went to the dealer for the Missing and correct Bolts.. All of these Parts should arrive this next week and I will try and give a Update after the car is back together. Just remembered I ordered all radiator hoses and Engine Breather Hose It was hard as a rock. Also some Idiot had put Cheap GREEN Corrosive Coolant in the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.