Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
*Registered
1998 SLK 230 143,000 miles
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just acquired a Silver 1998 SLK230 with 143,000 miles garaged and un-driven for 7 years. Garaged since new purchase but driven. Hydraulic seals for roof leaked a little and radio doesn't work. From this forum I learned to fix both quickly and easily. I am a 6'6" Saab and BMW collector so I will be selling this beautiful SLK pretty soon. Belonged to a collector. Last of his collection, RR, Ferrari, Original Shelby ( sold $1,300,000) and Porsche. I have no idea the value of this car, can you guys please give me some insight???. KKB says from $6,000 to $15,000, a little vague! Thanks all...Lee Harris 310 919 6818 Thousand Oaks CA

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
105,263 Posts
do you want your phone number on a world wide forum? let us know if you want us to remove it

·
* Registered
1999 Slk 230 r170 turbo
514 Posts
I'm from the UK so cant give a accurate value but a low milage 40k can be picked up for around £3-4000, 143k but good condition around £2-2500 and 140k rusty with issues £800 or less that's the best idea I can give you. But I would certainly say that 6000-15,000 even in dollars is wayy out of the ball park, not to insult or but realistically I think you may be looking at more like 4k? At best, I appreciate this may not be what you want to hear but I'm sure many US residents will be along shortly to correct me if I am wrong 🙂

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
18,124 Posts
Only worth what someone will pay. List it at whatever price you want and go from there.

Here are several examples from private sellers here in Ontario (posted within the last month)

And a California car $6,000 (a few others prices are quite varied as you can tell from your research)

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
18,124 Posts
@Lee Harris read your messages. Duplicate post removed.

Reactions: Alex.M-oneeleven

·
* Registered
2002 SLK32 (x1), 2003 SLK230 (x2)
80 Posts
Hagerty and NADA will have good approximate values.

One has to be brutally honest about the condition.
A car that sat for seven years could be mechanically totaled if the first hour drive reveals dried out transmission and engine seals with resulting fluid leaks. A/C seals could be bad.
Motor and trans mounts ok?
Well documented service record history?

If thoroughly tested and all working, no leaks, crash free, a high miles example in otherwise excellent condition is probably around $5k.

Conversely, pristine low miles (less than 30k mi) examples can fetch surprising prices, upwards of $15k.

·
* Premium Member
1998 SLK 230
478 Posts
I would say $6k is top end if body, interior are mint and it runs good. Put it this way I picked mine up for 3k with 118k miles, rust free and everything working on it.
But I did think I got a good deal on it :)
You never know what someone will pay for a car right now though!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts