Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
The SLK NW Group came out strong for sunshine, wine tasting, mural touring and hot air balloon viewing last weekend!

We left grey Seattle and in less than 90 minutes were on the sunny warm back roads entering Ellensburg, traversing the Yakima River into Yakima for lunch. They closed the Bistro for us and we had our own tasting, wine discussion and lunch.

From there it was traveling the Rattlesnake Hills Wine Trail all afternoon for wonderful wine, fabulous friends, and exSLKent driving! We picked up 2 more SLKs at the motel in Toppenish and had margaritas and Mexican for dinner in Zillah.

Saturday morning 2 more SLKs joined us for our horse drawn covered wagon tour of the Toppenish murals! 19 cars, 31 people, traveled I82 to our photo op at the Teapot Dome on our way to lunch in Richland at Tagaris Winery and Taverna.

We arrived in Walla Walla for check in, cocktails, dinner at the outstanding Whitehouse Crawford. After which we were shuttled out to experience the Walla Walla Hot Air Balloon Stampede's traditional Nite Glow. 10 tethered balloons flashed on and off in the total darkness.

Some of us made it up early for the 6am launch of more than 40 beautiful hot air balloons of all colors and two shapes. What an exhilarating sight! Some caught it from the motel where we readied for the return trip home. There was a silver SLK caravan heading west while others lingered a while.

Another exSLKent weekend!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Great pics, you guys definitely have a very large, active, and organized group!

I think well definitely have to leave you in charge of organizing where the Cali group meets up with your group before making our grand entrance into LV :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great pics, you guys definitely have a very large, active, and organized group!

I think well definitely have to leave you in charge of organizing where the Cali group meets up with your group before making our grand entrance into LV :)
:) I'll make a dry run before September and will look into that. When we get closer and know where everyone's coming from I'm sure it will be a logical choice for all...

Start hyping it up to your Cali friends...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts