Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Hey Durk!

How are you man? How did the springs work out?
Hi Chris, haven't looked at them yet. I still want to try to resolve the knocking issue with my Eibachs before trying the Brabus. Been busy at work so no time yet to look into the problem.

Are you going to swing by the Lake Forest thing next week to check out my headlights? :D

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Hi Chris, haven't looked at them yet. I still want to try to resolve the knocking issue with my Eibachs before trying the Brabus. Been busy at work so no time yet to look into the problem.

Are you going to swing by the Lake Forest thing next week to check out my headlights? :D
How did the Spyder headlighrs work out? Any issues with the install? Which ones did you get....HID, black, etc? Pictures?

These are on my punch list of mods to do - thanks.

·
4,935 Posts
How did the Spyder headlighrs work out? Any issues with the install? Which ones did you get....HID, black, etc? Pictures?

These are on my punch list of mods to do - thanks.
Don't have them yet. Install's the 14th.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Don't get it, if you have the original xenon lights, you can swap to these, they have the same xenon setup?
Also, does it come with a daylight module to switch LED's off when lights are on..etc..etc..?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't get it, if you have the original xenon lights, you can swap to these, they have the same xenon setup?
Also, does it come with a daylight module to switch LED's off when lights are on..etc..etc..?
It will look nice but not as the original one, the light will just be plain white or blue not proper xenon.

·
4,935 Posts
how much did you pay for the lights? :usa:?
I'm getting them for free, as part of a test-install. They are looking for feedback and they're also going to shoot the car for their SEMA advertising.

I'm not sure on the details yet. Supposedly they have Xenon versions which can use the bits from the original Bi-Xenons that I have now on the car. We'll see. It would be nice if I could reuse all my original bulbs.

As far as being able to turn off the DRL strip. I'm not sure, but that would kind of defeat the purpose :D. I like DRLs so I'm going to keep them on, but I'll let you know what I find out.

Once I get them installed I plan to create a thread on it for people to discuss or for me to relay my experiences and pictures.

·
4,935 Posts
Nice James. I just got back from my install. I got the chrome ones, so as soon as I get some pictures I'll post them up. I will probably start a new thread because this is the thread with about the worst discrepancy between title and what it's about :D.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.