Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a set of 18" AMG 55 multi spoke replica wheels at a reasonable cost?

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)Can't say that I've ever seen any SLK 55 style aftermarket wheels. I sold the set off my SLK 55 four years ago with tires (5000 miles) for $1000 to include shipping and was glad to get it. Best to look for second hand factory wheels with tires if possible.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a set of 18" AMG 55 multi spoke replica wheels at a reasonable cost?
I'm sure there are other places online but I can only remember http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com off the top of my head.

18x7-1/2 in., 5x112mm bolt pattern. 171 type. 16 spokes. Front. See 653641F for rear. Silver Machined Finish.
Price $203.00
Product ID 653631F

18x8-1/2 in., 5x112mm bolt pattern. 171 type. 16 spokes. Rear. See 653631F for front. Machined Finish.
Price $203
Product ID 653641F

Cost is pretty reasonable to me.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure there are other places online but I can only remember http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com off the top of

Cost is pretty reasonable to me.

Thanks!!! They are reasonable. I also found these, I know they are not replica AMG but I think they look really good too! I am planning a road trip to LA next month. This could work if I were to get them installed there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260691040669&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_7251wt_944

·
Registered
512 Posts
i really like this style, too, but worry that it may not look as nice on my car since I dont have the sport pack front bumper (yet). I'd like to have them as well. they look really good on any AMG i've seen.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i really like this style, too, but worry that it may not look as nice on my car since I dont have the sport pack front bumper (yet). I'd like to have them as well. they look really good on any AMG i've seen.
Which ones?

Are you planning on changing your front bumper?? Sounds EXPEN$IVE!!!

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Thanks!!! They are reasonable. I also found these, I know they are not replica AMG but I think they look really good too! I am planning a road trip to LA next month. This could work if I were to get them installed there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260691040669&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT#ht_7251wt_944
TBH, those look OK... A little too import/aftermarket than OEM-style to me. The AMG 18" replicas look better than those.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Which ones?

Are you planning on changing your front bumper?? Sounds EXPEN!!!
the 16 spoke amg style wheels. picturing in my head, i just worry it wont look AS good as the slks with sport pack (or obviously AMG bumpers).

I second jameslk.... of the two styles you like, I prefer the look of the 16 spoke.

and yes... I eventually want to swap out the front bumper. it'll be a ways down the road, unless I find a good deal on ebay (i check very regularly). in the end, the car will be very factory styled, but amped up a bit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a set of four authentic amg wheels and tires for sale and I am located in Toronto Canada. I wont turn down any reasonable offer....let me know. They have 6400 km on them and are in excellent condition.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I think the 030 package wheels are nicer looking than the 16 spoke IMO.

I do get a lot of positive feedback though about the stock 16 spokes though.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I think the 030 package wheels are nicer looking than the 16 spoke IMO.

I do get a lot of positive feedback though about the stock 16 spokes though.
the 030 option is the 5 spokes, right? I personally like both the 5 spoke and the 16 spoke... both are good choices.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the 030 option is the 5 spokes, right? I personally like both the 5 spoke and the 16 spoke... both are good choices.
I already have the 5 spoke in a 16" version a's mine is a 280. I want to go to either a multiple spoke 16 or more or the ones I posted earlier.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a set of four authentic amg wheels and tires for sale and I am located in Toronto Canada. I wont turn down any reasonable offer....let me know. They have 6400 km on them and are in excellent condition.
Are they 16 spoke? My only concern would be getting them to Phoenix, AZ. The shipping cost and duty might make not so viable..............

·
Registered
54 Posts
Are they 16 spoke? My only concern would be getting them to Phoenix, AZ. The shipping cost and duty might make not so viable..............
They are the 16 spoke off my slk55amg. Yeah shipping to the U.S. may be expensive. I am not too sure. Let me know if you are interested and I will find out the cost for you. Also, you should honestly look at some really nice after market wheels rather than spending on factory stuff. Changing my wheels to much nicer ones was one of my first modifications.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I personally feel you should have your car stand out rather than 'blend' in. Look at some nice staggared rims with a dish in the back. SOOOOOO much better than factory amg's

·
Just a regular guy
1,180 Posts
Can you post up some pic of those amg wheels. I'm in Rochester and may be interested. It would be a nice road trip with the weather finally breaking. Gmon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts