Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250 CDI
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,
I'm probably being a bit dim , ( Jeff will confirm I am ) but I have never seen the lights on the wing mirrors come on . I have looked in the hand book but can't find any reference to them . Having said that I am not sure the hand book I have is correct for my car .when I picked it up the books were not in it and after about 10 minutes the sales man produced the books from out in the workshop . My car is a June 2015 250 CDI AMG car the handbook is dated as a 5/3/2013 edition. Any one know if the book is the correct one and how I get the lights on .

Michael.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250
354 Posts
There's an onboard computer setting that includes the puddle light function. Settings -> Light -> Surround Lighting. I think our car is set to Auto, so I see these lights when I unlock/lock the car.

You might look for a UK manual. The manual is confusing enough without accounting for US/UK differences.

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250 CDI
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,
I have the mirror package you would have thought they would have put it in with that .
Even my 43 year old Triumph Stag has puddle lights as standard.
Never mind just won't park near any puddles .:grin:
Thanks all for your replies .:wink:

Michael.

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250 CDI
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to ask again but does anyone know if a 2015 slk 250 CDI AMG should have a 2015 manual . Or is the 2013 edition they found the correct one for the car .

Michael.

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
My manual is marked Edition AeJ 2014-1a (Ae being A with an Umlaut)

I'm sorry the picture comes out upside down -I'll fix it when I get access to a full PC.

The part number is 172 584 44 00 Z102

Hopefully this helps. I suspect there are very few changes between my old 2013 car and the new 2015 version. The biggest is probably the replacement of the ECO lettering on the stop/start button with the ISO standard A with an arrowed circle round it. That's about it.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
1,372 Posts
I love the lighting package, the car looks stunning when you unlock it at night and everything lights up.
Especially when the top is down.:smile:

Reactions: wja96

·
*Registered
2016 SLC300
280 Posts
Ours (SLC 300) comes with a logo, the image is very bright. One issue for us is that the image appears to have 'artifacts'. I actually thought it was because we were looking at the image being displayed on a uneven ground/gravelled surface.Took it into the dealership for a quick look, but they informed me that the keyhole glass isn't cracked. They haven't suggested a solution! So I assume it maybe due to specks of dirt, so I will have to go 'at it' with a cotton bud once I learn how to remove the casing.
Not a priority, but of course with us moving into the winter months with shorter daylight hours, it maybe one the jobs to be sooner rather than later.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.