Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that I'd take the car out for a nice long Sunday drive and take my trusty companion with me - George who is a 9 month old pup. Having already had the inside of my once pristine Fiat 500 chewed to bits by same trusty companion I decided to take all necessary steps to protect this car; Cosy Roll seat protector (like a big duvet that covers the seat, passenger side door, foot well and the centre console) - so no dirt and hairs; dog booties - so no scratchy nails; a mussel - so no chewing of sticky out bits; and a seatbelt harness - so restricted movement to the seat area only.

:rb Off we go....

:tazz: Aside from being a joy to drive, the start of the journey was uneventful. George was happy, lying down in the seat popping his head up and taking the occasional look when ever Homer Simpson gave some instructions (Yosemite Sam makes him bark!).

:confused: A bit more into the trip and my music keeps jumping about - I look over and he's resting his head on the centre console and consequently pressing and turning the select control knob! OK so I'm happy with listening to his choice of music even if it is a bit erratic.

:( Another 25 mins into the trip I spot that my 'D'rive is displaying 'D4' - WTF!! My no longer trusty companion had been covertly 'paddling' my gears. Reset back to auto.

:hb: I'm now driving on a nice clear stretch of motorway, listening to "Scratch Rapper DJ George" and keeping a good eye on my 'D', when he gets a bit restless, sitting up and 'shuffling'; I'm guessing that he's either board or wants a comfort break so I make a note that I'll pull into the next 'aire'. Well I didn't quite make it before all my windows came down- what now!??! We then had a game of 'up and down' - I'd push my button to bring them up and then straight back down they would go again - all of them. It took me a while to suss it out - but he had somehow managed to lift the cover of the automatic roof control (this was under the seat protector) and his paw was pressing on the window controls. All I could think was thank christ I don't have the "open roof when driving" modification as I could see that coming down as well!

Anyway, I managed to get to the aire, take George for a good walk and take up smoking again! Now all I need to do is find some sort of centre console George protector before our next trip. :burnout:

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
LOL - seems to be par for the course, and at least he had the seat to himself rather than sharing your other half's lap! :)

Sitting in new office in KL with the Usual Suspects doing Q2 planning and consuming copious amounts of Tiger beer - and it's 84f outside and sunny! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sitting in new office in KL with the Usual Suspects doing Q2 planning and consuming copious amounts of Tiger beer - and it's 84f outside and sunny! :)
Good to see that you moved on from 'just the one' to 'copious amounts' - say hi and have one on me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts