Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these for almost 800 each brand new in box mercedes parts.
I do not own the car anymore. Will sell the pair for 700/obo free shipping. thanks please contact me
[email protected]
I can send you pics and answer any questions you may have.
these are the 2 piece "sport package" rotors.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,599 Posts
creynolds3,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.

If you wish to become PM (Private Message)- capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

New members and guests should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under quick links when you leave.

Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum

Thank you,
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
Registered
500 Posts
I bought these for almost 800 each brand new in box mercedes parts.
I do not own the car anymore. Will sell the pair for 700/obo free shipping. thanks please contact me
[email protected]
I can send you pics and answer any questions you may have.
these are the 2 piece "sport package" rotors.

If interested if they are 360mm rotor. I believe the 360 can only be use on the slk55 with AMG Performance package due to the caliper mounting bracket on the caliper are different then the slk55 standard 6/4 pots caliper and will cause premature rotors wear. I hope Eddy can confirm these because his the expert the mods.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
If interested if they are 360mm rotor. I believe the 360 can only be use on the slk55 with AMG Performance package due to the caliper mounting bracket on the caliper are different then the slk55 standard 6/4 pots caliper and will cause premature rotors wear. I hope Eddy can confirm these because his the expert the mods.
You are correct on the front brake caliper mounts.

I am not sure on the premature wear, but there is no advantage on using the 360mm rotor/disc on a non P030 front brake caliper as it will clamp at the same distance from the center. No increase in braking efficiency as it does not take advantage of an extra 10mm in the leverage distance.

·
Registered
604 Posts
add a 20mm spacer between the caliper and the caliper mount bracket along with a 20mm longer bolt and you now have the slk55 030 caliper. ez peazy and cheap

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes these rotors are -030 performance package.
these rotors will fit 2006-2010 slk 55 with out code 030 "performance package"

·
19,400 Posts
add a 20mm spacer between the caliper and the caliper mount bracket along with a 20mm longer bolt and you now have the slk55 030 caliper. ez peazy and cheap
The front brake caliper mount is ] in shape (P030 performance package) vs. the l shape in the non-P030. Spacers won't work, as it does not move the calipers outward and toward the circumference of the circle or disc.

·
19,400 Posts
Yes these rotors are -030 performance package.
these rotors will fit 2006-2010 slk 55 with out code 030 "performance package"
May not fit 2008 to 2011 non-P030 (North American) SLK55 models as the front brake was changed to the DNKY (dinky) specification.

·
Registered
604 Posts
The front brake caliper mount is ] in shape (P030 performance package) vs. the l shape in the non-P030. Spacers won't work, as it does not move the calipers outward and toward the circumference of the circle or disc.
the calipers are identical. the spacer goes between the caliper and the mount moving the caliper upward 20mm allowing the use of the 360mm rotors. theres a thread showing the pics of the mount and i speced them on my 340 mm calipers when i was going to use the 360 mm rotors. mocked up a worn out 360 rotor and it was a perfect fit. went with racing/brake 340 mm rotors for weight savings and cost savings instead

·
Registered
500 Posts
the calipers are identical. the spacer goes between the caliper and the mount moving the caliper upward 20mm allowing the use of the 360mm rotors. theres a thread showing the pics of the mount and i speced them on my 340 mm calipers when i was going to use the 360 mm rotors. mocked up a worn out 360 rotor and it was a perfect fit. went with racing/brake 340 mm rotors for weight savings and cost savings instead

Even though both rotor will fit but if your car oem rotor is 360mm and you install the 340mm rotor, the outer edge lip of the rotor will get wear out and weaken the structure of the whole rotor itself, no? You need to have the little outer edge lip on the rotor no matter how worn on the rotor I would think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.