Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Atlanta area people, I just got the upgrade disk today so let me know who wants it installed. Perhaps a lunch and install meet!

·
Registered
155 Posts
you couldnt have had it on saturday when i was in ATL getting my car?!?!?!?! lol

what does the update have thats so great?

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,628 Posts
new maps/upgraded roads, etc for gps

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
you couldnt have had it on saturday when i was in ATL getting my car?!?!?!?! lol

what does the update have thats so great?
I don't know about being great, but the upgrade disk mainly has the option to have the COMAND headunit display ETA at the bottom tray of the screen. This functionality wasn't present in the older COMAND headunit firmware.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
what im asking is does dltslk make copies of the disc for everyone? Or is there some sort of upload needed to be done?
IIRC, site members are following copyright rules.

Speaking of copyright, before Christmas, there was an email notice from one of the unauthorized sellers of AMG, MB abd BMW door pins (? ebay) that their products for MB and BMW were confiscated by customs, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have encountered an issue with the navigation software which seems to be a bug. If I have a destination set and drive past a certain location, the whole comand system crashes and restarts. I have learned to enter the location, let it come up with a route, then stop and restart the navigation to force it to store the destination in 'last destinations'. Otherwise when it crashes I have to reenter the whole destination from scratch - it has no memory of that last destination. Since it seems to be a reproducible software bug, I wonder if I can get a nav system update as a warranty fix?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts