Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 1999 170 with a charcol/oyster (quartz?) scratched up interior.. I was considering ordering the expensive Viponds color paint, but noticed forum members had said "not an exact match". If not an exact match I didn,t want to spend the $$$ for Viponds. Alternative?--, take the U-shaped piece under the steering wheel column (one screw to remove) to your local hobby/craft store and look at 2 oz bottles of Acrylic Paint. ( appx $2.00 per bottle). I bought Delta Ceramcoat "cable knit Grey" and used a foam paint brush. I am satisfied; beats tearing everything apart for a complete re-coloring. (ok except on glove box door; a bit of a blue cast; I may go back and look again)), but there may be a better match if you take the time. At 2$ a bottle , try 2 or 3.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,144 Posts
Hello, I have a 1999 170
We know you have a
Vehicle: 1999 slk230 170
Thats why we ask all members to complete their profile, so they (and member mechanics) wont have to ask (and you wont have to tell us) every time you post a question :wink:

Thank you for providing us with a complete profile :tu:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. Based on info provided by others here in the forums, I ordered the Volico paint from Germany via eBay. Colour matched to the paint code provided with the vehicle data sheet sent to me after I signed up here. I have to say, I am more than happy with results. Colour match was PERHAPS not quite perfect. But surfaces that needed fixing I did the entire part, breaking where that piece met up with adjacent at a joint. Used pieces of sponge. One coat and the car interior looks almost like new! I doubt this paint will be any more durable than the factory stuff, but I still have half a bottle to use for future touch-ups as needed. It WAS expensive (about $80 Cdn with shipping) but worth it for me...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts