Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 slk 32, which I have been a track events. The rear rotors have warped bad and the fronts slightly Currently my rims are 17" OEM.
I want better braking power
I am looking for experienced Suggestions on rotors, pads, caliers, rims, and tires for 2003 slk 32 that are good for day driving and track events.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,449 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on your location and model and year.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’ and ‘location’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have a 2003 slk 32, which I have been a track events. The rear rotors have warped bad and the fronts slightly Currently my rims are 17" OEM.
I want better braking power
I am looking for experienced Suggestions on rotors, pads, caliers, rims, and tires for 2003 slk 32 that are good for day driving and track events.
do you want better equipment for the oem setup or a better upgrade? the 2005 slk55 setup is what im installing with 340mm lightweight 2 piece racing brake rotors at 340mm front and oem 55 rotors at 330mm rear. for wheels renntech moonlights in 18" are hard to beat if you can find them past that the forgestar f14 or c5f is another light wheel. also 17" kosei wheels are very light

if you just want to upgrade the oem try hawk ceramic pads and r1 rotors but the weight will be the same. a cheaper but still an upgrade is to use the c32 4 piston front calipers with 345 rotors

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the insight.

Ideally I would like to upgrade, but it seems I need to get new rims i.e. 18in
Renntech may have a 14.2 rotors, but I think those need larger rims. Right?
Do the 55 rotors and calipers fit on 17" rim?

I tired Carbotech 10 and 12 pads on oem rotors, but they squelled all the time
Looking for suggestions before spending a lot of cash.

What tires and size are you using?

·
Registered
604 Posts
if you stay with 17's you can go as big as 345mm as thats what the c32 uses and it has 17's if you go 360 you need 18's and if you go 390 you need 19's which will rub like crazy.
try hawk ceramic pads or akebonos. if you run the rb 2 piece rotors you need a match for the brinnell hardness of 207 to 277 which is what the rooters are spec'd to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.