Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I correct in thinking that the brakes on the SLK AMG-line are the same as the others, just with a fancy AMG plate on the calipers?

I need to get Winter wheels for mine as I'm off to Germany soon and it's a legal requirement to have them after November I believe. I could get 18" ones but they are almost triple the price of good 17" wheels.

If anyone who is close to their AMG-line CDi250 SLK at the moment could look at the tyre size guide where the air pressures are I'd be really grateful if they could tell me if 17" wheels are listed.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC200
2,990 Posts
Just had a look at mine in the hope I could help, but if you are referring to the fuel filler cap, it just shows the tyre pressures no mention of wheel sizes, sorry.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
2,451 Posts

·
Registered sold both-> SLK350, SLK '55
996 Posts
I checked the parts diagram and got quite confused.
Three different versions of disk brakes, launch edition, sports package and amg sport package.
The two sport packages have a different ser. number, but all have the same caliper part number.
The AMG Line package in the 250 appears to have as an accessory a set of 17 inch staggered wheels with winter tyres, so my guess is that since this is in the parts catalogue for this car, they have to be OK for you, unless this is a specific set with extra offset or some special characteristics I can not figure out.
What puzzles me is that these wheels are available only with winter (M+S) tyres....
PM sent with link

Reactions: wja96

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't give you a definite answer about the wheels but just for your info, there is no obligation for winter wheels by date in Germany. They are only mandatory when road conditions require them, snow and ice etc. Don't know how your German is but here is a document of the "Polizei" that says so http://www.polizei.nrw.de/media/Dokumente/Behoerden/Minden-Luebbecke/Winterreifenpflicht1.pdf .
Thanks for clarifying the date issue. The people in the German company I'm going to work with supplied that information!

The problem is really that unless I can guarantee there will be no ice or snow between now and March I do need those winter tyres. Bizarrely I will be working in Nord Rhein Westfalia (near Duesseldorf) so that document is bang-on.

I think Arthur# swapped his 18s for 17s on his 350 AMG-line so that is probably a good indication that they will fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.