Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG,
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings:

I found some pertinent threads, but none that answered this question:

Is anyone running 17" rims for winter use on their '09 (4-pot brakes) SLK55, and if so, can you either give me the details, or let me know the specifications? According to the owners manual, as long as you don't have P030 Performance Package, 17's can work The rims specified are 7.5J x 17 H2, but I don't think this is enough information to ensure fitment. Tire Rack is not helpful, they won't show 17" options for the SLK55. Does anyone have experience?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered 2008 SLK350
2,369 Posts
Greetings:

I found some pertinent threads, but none that answered this question:

Is anyone running 17" rims for winter use on their '09 (4-pot brakes) SLK55, and if so, can you either give me the details, or let me know the specifications? According to the owners manual, as long as you don't have P030 Performance Package, 17's can work The rims specified are 7.5J x 17 H2, but I don't think this is enough information to ensure fitment. Tire Rack is not helpful, they won't show 17" options for the SLK55. Does anyone have experience?

Thanks,

Jim
Don't have a 55 myself :frown: but based on this pdf from MB 17 inch with the correct ET/width should fit if you don't have the P30 option.
It is in German, don't know how your German is but you should exclude the ones with footnote 1). They are not allowed for the SLK55.
Footnote 2) means no snowchains and 4) only allowed without the P30 option.
Basically it means a 17" rim 7.5J ET37 front and rear or 8.5J ET30 rear will fit without the P30 options.
At least that is the official MB recommendation.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,697 Posts
I run 17x8 all round in winter. Frankly, the ride is better than the std 18 inch rims on most of my local roads. There's about 5mm gap between the tip of my 6-pot calipers and the inner rim. Looks good!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.