Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my set of 16" wheels with the tires installed. I have attached a picture of each wheel along with the tread on the tires. These would make a great set of winter wheels or as replacements for damaged wheels. I would like to sell them as a set if at all possible.

I am also selling the front rotors and calipers for the SLK 280. I'm not sure what the interest will be in these, so I will PM some photos if anyone is interested.

The wheels are in great shape. In the interest of full disclosure, there are some minor defects (the wheels are used after all). There is some old weight glue on the barrels along with some brake dust staining. The old glue can be removed with Goo Gone or something similar. The staining is not noticeable with the wheel mounted as most of it is located near the back of the wheel barrel. It can probably be removed also, but I do not posses the skills to do so. There is some curbing on one of the back wheels which I included in the photos.

The wheels have no corrosion or pitting. The tires still have a lot of tread left as the photos show. I am asking $400 for the set + shipping if required. If you buy the complete set I will throw in the calipers and rotors for free. PM if interested.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump on this sale. I'm willing to let them go for $300.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Have you tried listing them on Craigs List?

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried listing them on Craigs List?
Yeah and I also contacted some used wheels companies that are willing to buy them. I'll find a way to get them off my hands; just trying to help any SLKWorld members who may be in need.

·
Registered
522 Posts
vBulletin Message Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator ??????????

When I click on the links for the pics I get the following error:

vBulletin Message
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks.

I am selling my set of 16" wheels with the tires installed. I have attached a picture of each wheel along with the tread on the tires. These would make a great set of winter wheels or as replacements for damaged wheels. I would like to sell them as a set if at all possible.

I am also selling the front rotors and calipers for the SLK 280. I'm not sure what the interest will be in these, so I will PM some photos if anyone is interested.

The wheels are in great shape. In the interest of full disclosure, there are some minor defects (the wheels are used after all). There is some old weight glue on the barrels along with some brake dust staining. The old glue can be removed with Goo Gone or something similar. The staining is not noticeable with the wheel mounted as most of it is located near the back of the wheel barrel. It can probably be removed also, but I do not posses the skills to do so. There is some curbing on one of the back wheels which I included in the photos.

The wheels have no corrosion or pitting. The tires still have a lot of tread left as the photos show. I am asking $400 for the set + shipping if required. If you buy the complete set I will throw in the calipers and rotors for free. PM if interested.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
When I click on the links for the pics I get the following error:

vBulletin Message
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks.
I reported it earlier - I'm just waiting for the administrator to look into it.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting about the attachments. I can see and view the attachments on this thread and all others on the site. Maybe the problem is limited to specific members?

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last bump on this sale. I have a used wheel company willing to buy them and I'm being prodded to get them out of the garage.

I want to make sure anyone on SLK World that wants them has a chance at them.

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
1,181 Posts
I am going to have a similar set for sale in about two weeks, sorry to here they did not find a home through slkworld. Can you PM me the used wheels companies that may be interested after your's are gone and mine hit the market. Thanks, I anticipate a similar scenario. Thanks gmon

·
Registered
579 Posts
I am going to have a similar set for sale in about two weeks, sorry to here they did not find a home through slkworld. Can you PM me the used wheels companies that may be interested after your's are gone and mine hit the market. Thanks, I anticipate a similar scenario. Thanks gmon
Likewise. I have a set just like yours. I'm in Central Texas if more convenient to someone looking for a set.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the final notice that the wheels are gone, but I still have the 280 rotors and calipers. I'm moving in a week and if no one wants them, they are scrap.

Gmon, this is the company I sold the wheels to:
1-800EveryRim.com

9935 Beverly Boulevard, Pico Rivera, CA

They would probably buy the wheels, but the shipping cost would be high.

This is another company I found during my search:
www.thewheelwarehouse.comthat will cover the shipping. I felt more comfortable selling my wheels in person vs. through the mail.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have the p/n's on the calipers and rotors?
Not off hand, but I can look at the parts when I get home. They are the front rotors (Qty 2) and front calipers (Qty 2) from a standard 280.

·
Registered 2003 SLK230K
62 Posts
hello

i am new to the slk forum here. i see you have a set of rim/tires for sale.
what are you asking for them. i am in longview texas 75602 ,if you still have them . so you might give me a price with shipping.
thanks
william

·
Registered
579 Posts
i am new to the slk forum here. i see you have a set of rim/tires for sale.
what are you asking for them. i am in longview texas 75602 ,if you still have them . so you might give me a price with shipping.
thanks
william
I have a set of four 16" wheels in excellent condition. They look just like those pictured in post #1 above. Why not come get them? It's only about a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive from Longview to Austin and the fuel might cost less than packing and shipping. Make me a serious ofer, please.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My wheels are gone, so you should check out ben721364's offer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.