Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found item 260850661912 on ebay. 2006 SLK 350 with manual transmission.

130,000 Miles on the clock. I believe is the highest mileage R171 I have seen. It's good to see they can keep going, since so many of us keep the miles low.

If I continued at my current rate, I'd probably go 20-25 years to get that mileage, but of course, I know age starts to play a HUGE factor and really becomes more significant than miles even IMHO.

Still, it's good to see a relatively young car at this mileage.

Of course, we don't really know its condition, but I bet it's doing just fine!

How many miles have you seen on a R171?

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
That's about 25000 per year....right? Can't imagine.......must have been an everyday commuter or some very long vacation trips...or both. Not sure my posterior could take it!:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,449 Posts
Mb 911, I bet the paint on the Dash will peel off before the motor gives out. Mb Engines will last a long time if you do the maintance on it like Mb tells you to do so. There are 2 Types of Mb Owners out there #1 A Mb owner that follows the Service by the book and has all receipts for it. He/ she is the person you will see in the Showroom 10 to 12 years later buying a new Mb and the car is spotless. # 2 A Mb owner that trades a Mb every 3 to 5 years with barely no Records on the Car and low Miles because they can,t afford the Service. LOL

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
624 Posts
That's about 25000 per year....right? Can't imagine.......must have been an everyday commuter or some very long vacation trips...or both. Not sure my posterior could take it!:biglaugh:
we have put 20K on in about 10 months of driving. not a daily commuter, we like to take rides.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we have put 20K on in about 10 months of driving. not a daily commuter, we like to take rides.

I will say this, that is a lot of fun driving and rides. I think that is pretty great. Enjoy the car. Nothing wrong with enjoying it. I'd drive mine more, but I constantly worry while driving. People flying up on the back of me at stoplights and things. This is why I tend to only go out on early Sunday mornings where it's a bit more peaceful.

Now, if I'm doing interstate driving that is quite nice as it's much more peaceful.

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
624 Posts
I will say this, that is a lot of fun driving and rides. I think that is pretty great. Enjoy the car. Nothing wrong with enjoying it. I'd drive mine more, but I constantly worry while driving. People flying up on the back of me at stoplights and things. This is why I tend to only go out on early Sunday mornings where it's a bit more peaceful.

Now, if I'm doing interstate driving that is quite nice as it's much more peaceful.
we took a 190 mi, 5 hour drive yesterday, hit 32mpg. we try to pick roads that aren't heavily traveled.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we took a 190 mi, 5 hour drive yesterday, hit 32mpg. we try to pick roads that aren't heavily traveled.
That sounds fantastic. I just can't find such roads. The nice mountain roads I can find are extremely dangerous to getting windshield cracks. :)

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I used to sweat the miles on all my cars until someone looked at me and said "Man, they are MADE to be driven". He was right. I do enjoy looking at the car in the garage, but not nearly as much just about anywhere else.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
130k wow, if only I was single. Two little boys and a newborn baby girl makes the minivan or the SUV my daily drivers. I don't worry about miles as I don't intend to sell my cars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put about 15 mies on my SLK 280 on Saturdays, and another 20 miles on Sundays. The rest of the week it sets in the garage with a soft cover on it. It will always be a low mileage car in my book. I have all dealer records and service paperwork, and wax it every 6 months. I keep it in showroom condition, so it should last for many years!

·
Registered
902 Posts
What is hard for the motor is the stop and go trafic. If this is mostly on high way mileages its good to clean those carbon out.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Ynot a Mini van does not have to be boring How about the R63 Amg the R Class will be phased out so i bet you can bet the R Class will sell cheap

http://www.edmunds.com/mercedes-benz/r-class/

The R class doesn't look too bad. I actually thought about it but I like the Honda Odyssey a lot, it drives quite sporty. I actually need all 8 seats, my wife has a lot of siblings and they like to come along wherever we go. The r class has only 6 seats I believe.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
If it's been properly serviced, should be fine. Nice to see someone using an R171 instead of babying it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There are six Protons on UK ebay with over 100,000 on them (the owners deserve a medal - 10 miles in one of them is enough). And a Peugeot with 230,000. No one is bidding on the Protons but there are bids on the French one. 17 bids on a Skoda with over 200,000 on it.

This SLK is still a puppy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
130,000 Miles...wow...i bought mine at 61K miles, and i drive about 30K miles a year, so i'll be there soon enough, maybe 3 years. Problem is, i might need a larger car with a backseat in that time, it's going to be hard to sell an 06 with 130K miles in 2014 for a decent price.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
130,000 Miles...wow...i bought mine at 61K miles, and i drive about 30K miles a year, so i'll be there soon enough, maybe 3 years. Problem is, i might need a larger car with a backseat in that time, it's going to be hard to sell an 06 with 130K miles in 2014 for a decent price.
I dunno. By 2014, your 55 could be like the Red Barchetta on Moving Pictures......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.