Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
11 SLKs participated in the Autumn Colors Drive enjoying beautiful scenery, although wet, on our way up Stevens Pass. By Leavenworth it was dry and that's the way it was the rest of the weekend!

In tune with the western themed weekend, including cowboy/girl attire, we lunched, cowboy style, in Cashmere at the Hitching Post Tavern. From there it was off to the mighty Columbia River to stop for a photo op at Wells Dam.

On we proceeded to SR20 the beautiful and scenic North Cascades Highway, this time doing it in reverse. We enjoyed many off-the-beaten-path scenic roads before checking into our lodging at the Rio Vista Hotel in downtown Winthrop.

Dinner was at Burnt Finger BBQ with a singing cowboy and lots of BBQ. The beautiful star studded evening finished up downtown in a western bar, billiard style.

Sunday was blue sky and a morning of strolling the boardwalk to feel the ambiance of this cute western town. By noon we headed points west where we traversed Diablo Dam and had lunch at Buffalo Run in Marblemount. Before parting ways we made a stop at Cascadian Pumpkin farm for punkin ice cream.

Great weekend, beautiful colors, fun times had by all!

See all the photos at slknw.comhttp://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2027310&id=1305907788&l=1c4e981a63 :)

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
I like the pix with the wet black top (pavement), red kaboose and autumn colours.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I’m sorry I missed it, but I’m stuck on a job on the east coast :(
You wouldn't have brought your black beauty out anyway, with the forecast of rain ;)

Actually, this trip we had 3 cars come out that don't normally see rain because the owners "needed" this trip.
It's always a fun group, with lots of laughter, spirited driving, exSLKent eating and drinking and outstanding camaraderie.
An exSLKent way of getting away from reality and really hangin loose...!

Last SLK NW trip of the year, propdr.
November 14 we meet for our 2010 Planning Meeting where we will set our calendar for the upcoming year.
New trips will be announced in January - hope you can make a couple.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
You wouldn't have brought your black beauty out anyway, with the forecast of rain ;)

Actually, this trip we had 3 cars come out that don't normally see rain because the owners "needed" this trip.
It's always a fun group, with lots of laughter, spirited driving, exSLKent eating and drinking and outstanding camaraderie.
An exSLKent way of getting away from reality and really hangin loose...!

Last SLK NW trip of the year, propdr.
November 14 we meet for our 2010 Planning Meeting where we will set our calendar for the upcoming year.
New trips will be announced in January - hope you can make a couple.
Thanks for keeping me in mind:usa:
And, my car has seen rain before…. Last time it rained…I opened the garage door and said “see, that is rain”… and I think the car moved back about an inch or two.:biglaugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts